Edge
Hello,

Welcome on the website of "Edge" also known as "edge-pk.com"
i hope you will enjoy your self on the site.
The Edge server was first owned by maarten, he sold it to us for a fair price, now you can enjoy the max of "EDGE".

Good Luck Playing, and please register

Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Go down

Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 am

your name: Alex
Your in-game name*: Cursed You
Your age*: 15
Experience*: I have a 3 year experience in RuneScape Servers. I use to have a server running on a 4gb ram vps for 3 months until I had to shut it down.
Where you come from*: Born and live in New York City, New York. Lived in Georgia for 3 years.

~~Test~~
on the "*" places you have to enter a "a,b,c,d,e ect."

What would you do if someone is spamming an other server.
A. Ban.
B. Mute
C. Mute + Jail 5k
i would do B cause: I would give him a chance to straighten up. If he/she continues to do the same thing after the mute then it would be a ban. Because I can't let a individual ruin a great server.


What would you do if someone says: Fuck your mother!
A. Give him a warning, if he don't stop Mute.
B. Mute.
C. Ban
D. Give him a warning, if he don't stop Ban

I would do A Cause: I would give him a warning, and if he/she doesn't stop then he/she will be muted. I also take pictures of all my evidence, and save it in a folder just in case if they try to lie about it on the forums. Example: " This mod muted me for no reason! He claims I did something wrong, but I actually didn't do it! " ( Note: This had happen plenty of times when I was doing some modding on another server. )


Someone is pming you with "heey, Playername scammed me! can i have my items back?"
You answer with:
A. No, i aint aloud to give items away.
B. I will ask the owner to look in the Trade-Log, tell me what you lost?
C. no response.

I would do B. Because anyone could lie and say that they lost anything. I wouldn't do "no response" because then that look like I am saying that I don't really care about what you lost. I would just report this on to the owner, and let him deal with the situation.

someone tells you he is an staff member and you need to give him items or ban/mute someone.
I would:
A. Just ignore him.
B. Give him a warning he shouldn't say hes staff else I'd jail him.
C. Listen to him

I chose B. My reason is similar to the, "can I get my items back question". Because anyone can lie about this. I would warn them... if he/she keeps continuing saying that they is a staff member I'll jail them. By the way this is also staff impersonation.

wich of the following means comment out?
A. //
B. &&
C. ==
D. ++
E. --
F. /* text */
G. -* text *-
H. /* text /*
I. { text }
J } text {

A and F.

Do you got any experince with coding: Yes, I have plenty of experiences with coding servers.

In what kind of script are servers coded: Mostly Java, but can be coded in C, C++, and C#.

Do you know what a compiler is used for? if yes for what? It use once you made any update from your server files. It let you know if you successfully compiled it or not. Examples are shown below:

Successful Java Files have been Compiled:


Error/Mistake in your Java Files ( Notice I had to erase something because it had a ip address there. So it wouldn't be no advertising.)



More information about me:
I'm a great person you would get to know. I'm honest and I do my job very efficiently. I want let the staff, regular members, or the owner down. I don't ignore anyone if you need any kind of help I'll do my best to answer them at the best of my ability. I like to make the community stronger by stopping: spammers, flamers, and basically any rule-breakers. I respect everyone 100% as long as you respect me 100% back. I'm very active, and I will always stay active. I will private message the owner anytime if I want be on for some days. I will show great leadership to the community. I will be very Dedicated to this server because it has been the best server I've played in a while. I will respect everybody and give my honest opinion on everything. I do enforce the rules without any flaw.


Last edited by Cursed You on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WOW

Post  higuybye on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:51 pm

omg dude i thinki found a tear that was the most perfect mod application ever!

higuybye
Super-Noob
Super-Noob

Posts : 1
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 am

Thank you for the reply. You said you had a tear? afro

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Arche on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Cursed...
Great application and all, but you clearly know NOTHING. Embarassed

A compiler does the same job as the next, there is no "Good" or "Bad" compiler, except on the efficiency, not on the way it compiles.

There is nothing wrong with the compiler, rather the java and class files in which you are attempting to compile.

Arche
Junior member
Junior member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Skill Nd PVP on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Nice application, But i don't think u have to talk with Dutch God about helping with coding on server.

The compiler u show is only 10% of a Runescape server.. and that is what u show?

Show us some more work? Like Programs u make in C++ for Edge.. I can do it.. Easy.
I can show u work from me.. My own PVP server's everything. I coded it all myself.

So get a better information about ur ''Coding experience''

Greetz.

Skill Nd PVP
Admin

Posts : 49
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 25
Location : -Edge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Arche wrote:Cursed...
Great application and all, but you clearly know NOTHING. Embarassed

A compiler does the same job as the next, there is no "Good" or "Bad" compiler, except on the efficiency, not on the way it compiles.

There is nothing wrong with the compiler, rather the java and class files in which you are attempting to compile.

Yeah there is no "Good" or "Bad" compiler. I may typed it in a way you don't understand. I know that there is nothing wrong with compiler it self. Just the java files in which I tried to compile I'm sorry if I didn't explain it better to help you understand I will edit it. I would be glad to show him my projects... I use to own a server in March 2009 - May 2009 with 110+ players on daily. I had to shut it down because I had major real life situations that I had to handle. So I don't really host anymore just enjoy, play, and help out any community. Once again thank you for my mistakes. If you see anything wrong please feel free to post back.

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  WebMagic on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 pm

if you got many coding experience you would be a good and helpfully admininistrator.
please tell me some of your work you are able to do / make.

WebMagic
Admin

Posts : 104
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2010-03-04

View user profile http://www.edge-pk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Arche on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:20 am

I quote this from you, Cursed You.
In what kind of script are servers coded: Mostly Java, but can be coded in C, C++, and C#.

I didn't post this in my earlier post before, because at that time I did not have evidence to support my statement. But now I do.

This is where you are wrong, RuneScape servers are not coded in C, C++ or C#, and technically not coded in Java either.
RuneScape is coded in an Off-branch of JavaScript, which JaGeX calls "RuneScript". This is what makes the game engine run the way it does, etc.

Need proof? Well I finally have it Smile

Arche
Junior member
Junior member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:26 am

Okay that's good. Now you should be able to make your own application I perhaps. Since you should be a great programmer.

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Arche on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 am

I already have written my Staff Application Smile

Arche
Junior member
Junior member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Arche wrote:I already have written my Staff Application Smile

Goodluck buddy Smile

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Dutch God wrote:if you got many coding experience you would be a good and helpfully admininistrator.
please tell me some of your work you are able to do / make.

I sent you what I'm able to do or make.

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 am

Is any staff going to reply back Yes or No?

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Laski Raukka on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 am

Cursed You wrote:Is any staff going to reply back Yes or No?
we all have the same problem lol...
only dutchy is responding, but there is more staff to say yes or no where we all have to wait for... kinda annoying Razz

--
Laski
avatar
Laski Raukka
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 135
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-07
Age : 24
Location : Enschede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Etro on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Yes and no :/ You have nice apply too but still dont know :&
avatar
Etro
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 118
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 25
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Etro wrote:Yes and no :/ You have nice apply too but still dont know :&

Alright thanks for replying Smile

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Joel on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Gl m8

Joel
Junior member
Junior member

Posts : 15
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 25
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Cursed You on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:40 am

Thank you joel.

Cursed You
Rune Member
Rune Member

Posts : 86
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed You in-game Admin/Mod Staff Application.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum